He spoke during an interview on March 18, where he explained that his situation has changed since he left office. He said he no longer feels secure and believes there are people targeting him.
Gachagua claimed he has faced many incidents that he views as attacks. These include disruptions during public events such as church services and political gatherings. He said he has reported these cases to the police, but no action has been taken so far......To Read More CLICK HERE
Gachagua, impeached from office in October 2024, said he has faced at least 24 confrontations both inside and outside churches since leaving government.
He claimed he has formally reported every incident to the police, yet “hakuna hatua imechukuliwa” (no action has been taken). According to him, the attacks began shortly after his impeachment and are designed to force him to abandon his political crusade.
“Matumaini ya hii ni kufanya mimi niogope niache kupiga kampeni ya kuondoa serikali. Na mimi nikiogopa wao watakuwa wamefaulu. Kwa hivyo mimi naendelea,” he declared (The aim is to make me afraid so I stop campaigning to remove the government. If I get scared, they will have succeeded. Therefore, I continue).
The former DP linked the latest wave of insecurity to his vocal criticism of President William Ruto’s administration and his active role in the United Opposition coalition, alongside figures such as Kalonzo Musyoka, Fred Matiang’i, Justin Muturi, and Eugene Wamalwa. He accused unnamed parties of “declaring war” on him and his allies, citing incidents including goon invasions at rallies and church services.
Recent Flashpoints Fueling Fears
Gachagua’s statements come against a backdrop of escalating tensions. In January 2026, his convoy was attacked at ACK Witima Church in Othaya, Nyeri County, where opposition leaders alleged the use of tear gas and live bullets, injuring congregants and damaging property.
The United Opposition later issued a two-week ultimatum to Inspector General of Police Douglas Kanja to arrest those responsible. When the deadline passed in mid-February without arrests, the group warned of possible mass action and formally listed over 20 similar incidents to the National Security Advisory Council.
Gachagua maintained he will not be cowed. “If I decide to retire to my Wamunyoro home, they would have succeeded, but I will continue with what I have been doing,” he insisted.bebde2
0 Comments